Sunday, July 18, 2010

Daddy's been working tremendously!!

Daddy is so amazing!! I can't fathom all the things he had planned for me this summer. He really showed me how deep and great His love is!!! Just a little info about what i did :) We worked with an inner city Hispanic community. We did all sorts of things like ESL classes, keeping nursery for the mother's while they were in ESL, cutting grass for "FREE" whoop whoop lol, giving out free snow cones yum:) , giving out free clothes and food to the homeless or families that needed them,free lunch program, and my favorite KID'S CLUB!!!!! The kid's came Mon-Thurs from 3-5pm. We would do crafts, songs, tell them a story a/b daddy, games, and then snack time!! It was so amazing to me to see smiles on these kids faces especially since some of them don't get love or attention in their homes. I just love when daddy breaks my heart for the things that break His!! It made my heart smile to know that when these kids come in that they're striving for attention that i love to give to them!!! They are so beautiful to me..every single last one of them!!! I just get this warm feeling just thinking and typing this!!! We also did preteens and teens. We did the same thing as kid's club minus the songs, games, and crafts. They would come in Monday and Friday from 5:30-7:30 and they would do free time and then we would tell them about daddy but we would talk a/b more intense stuff than at kid's club!! I was so privileged to have spent my summer in Houston with such amazing sisters and brothers, that I hope to keep in with touch forever!! :) I had to leave early from Houston b/c daddy is sending me on another trip :) and I'm so excited to see what He has planned for me and two of my others sisters that are going along with me!!! I actually leave tonight at 9:15pm!! So a quick little funny story!! I stayed up all night packing and didn't fall asleep until 4 and I "thought" I had to be up early for my flight so I woke up at 6 and headed to the airport. When I got there i was wondering why the airline I was going on wasn't open so I asked a lady what time they opened and she said, "what time is your flight?" and i unknowingly say "9:20" and she says, "well they should be open around 8" lol so I go sit and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and no one ever came so I go to ask this other man and he tells me "they don't open until the afternoon" and i'm like, "huh?? my flight is at 9:20" so he calls this other guy over and he tells me, "they open at 3:30" and then I finally decided to look at my itinerary haha and it says 9:15PM!!!!! to make a long story short...I was so anxious about going and not being patience like daddy wants us to be!! He does tell us though to not be anxious about anything :). Well I gotta go...see yall when I make it to my destination!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! and if it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing on my way home from Romania last summer. got to the airport at 5:15am, flight didn't leave until 2:00pm. not quite as long, but still frustrating! keeping you in my thoughts and can't wait to read about how you get to help your Daddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to be apart of your beautiful journey, young cuz. Keep spreading your gift.. the world needs you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca!!!! girl i misss u!!!! and i dnt feel bad a/b it...it was actually hilarious to me lol...and thanks girl i'm also keeping u in my thoughtss...keep reading..:)

    Wanda!!! Thanks so much for everything that you do...I'm so glad that ur apart of my life..u have a beautiful heart...love u bunches!! :)

    ReplyDelete